Design Engineer (Agricultural Machinery)
John Harvey Engineering are currently recruiting for a design engineer to join our friendly established team, this is a great opportunity to support your growth and personal development within the CAD design, engineering, and manufacturing sector. Following a recent acquisition, we are expanding the design office to help with our range of straw processors, fencing equipment, grassland and stubble management kit and feeding equipment.
As a market leader for outdoor livestock equipment and straw processors we are always innovating to stay one-step-ahead. We have a lot to offer; from learning about new product designs to understanding the machinery, equipment and manufacturing processes involved, and how they affect cost and commercial advantage. We are looking for an ambitious person with a passion for agricultural engineering that is willing to get stuck in with the team and work in a varied and at times fast paced close knit environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Creating CAD designs from hand drawn examples and existing products.
- Advancing 2D designs to 3D areas and quotations.
- Assisting with designs for prototypes including assistance on the shop floor.
- Problem solving and helping to design out any existing issues.
- Helping to assess and research feasibility factors for new ideas, designs and materials.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of drawings to comply with project requirements.
- Efficient use of Solid Works and IronCAD to produce high quality designs and drawings.
- Good communication with internal designers, operational staff, machine operators and senior management where applicable.
- Assist in Document control.
- Good skills in IronCAD or Solid Works and Microsoft office.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative when required.
- Experience with sheet metal manufacturing would be useful, as would working with plastics.
- On farm experience would be considered a big benefit.
- Practical workshop skills to assist with prototyping, building, and testing of new machines.
- Be able to reliably commute to IP13 9AF or plan to relocate before starting the role.
You will be supported by a senior CAD engineer, technical designer and electronics engineer where necessary.
We encourage engagement and idea generation and are looking for outside the box thinking when it comes to driving solutions forward.
A competitive salary is available for the right candidate