Our Field Dispenser is a mobile feeding machine that can dispense cobs or pellets. Pellets are generally fed into Long Troughs and Farrow Feeders using the arms. Cobs are thrown into paddocks using an extended chute.
Field Dispensers have proven to offer substantial savings on time, labour and feed due to their unique metering system that is fast, accurate and easy to maintain. It is designed in a way which prevents leakage between operations, improving biosecurity by ensuring feed is only in the desired location. The whole metering unit with spinner can be extracted from the rear even when there is feed in the hopper. Field Dispensers can precisely dispense any amount of feed in 100g increments compared to traditional machines at approximately 1kg. Feed is metered at more than three times the rate when compared to older “spin” feeders. Farmers using our Field Dispenser save large amounts of time, freeing up labour for other jobs.
When equipped with a feed arm the Field Dispenser is a versatile machine and can be used for the following tasks:
- Daily dispensing into farrow feeders with very precise amounts of feed.
- Feeding into long throughs (A split hopper can be configured to carry two different rations of feed)
- Filling Ad-Lib feeders
FDA3 (three tonne capacity) FDA4 (four tonne capacity) trailed machines both come with as standard:
- Single hopper design with internal ledge to reduce bridging of feed.
- Rear hatch for bucket filling.
- Roll over tarpaulin with rear handle for operation from ground level.
- Highly accurate auger metering into the spinner; new spinner design with reduced feed disintegration.
- E-stops for safety with warning lights indicating the spinner is working.
- Cab mounted electronic metering box recording output in Kgs with spinner speed.
- Front bar tray for buckets or straw.
- Braked heavy duty axle with park brake, brake shields, road lights.
The FDA4 includes a Galvanised platform with retractable ladder as standard to prevent children climbing on the machine with a larger axle and tyres (this is an additional option on the FDA3).
In order to create a product tailored to your individual needs we provide variations on our standard equipment. These options are detailed below.